Contract Agreement Terms & Conditions
So you always know what to expect.
Warranty, Disclaimers & Legal Notices:
CA Three Day Right To Cancel Notice
In California all consumers reserve a three (3) day right to cancel under the Federal Trade Commission . Please be advised of your right to cancel within three business days of acceptance of bid/ contract. “You, the buyer, may cancel this transaction at any time, prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of this transaction. See the attached notice of cancellation form for an explanation of this right.” (Civil Code [1689.7(a)(3).) By accepting this proposal you agree you have been advised of your “3 Day Right To Cancel”
Double G Painting & General Contracting warrants labor and materials (unless otherwise stated) from the time of final payment. If paint failure appears, due to the application of materials, we will supply labor and materials, without customer cost, to correct the condition. We do not accept final payment on any job until the contract has been completely satisfied and all the scope of work has been completed. Our responsibility is limited to correcting the condition as indicated above.
Our warranty does not cover or apply to the following items and situations:
- Color fading due to direct sunlight
- Dry rotted, waterlogged wood and pulverized brick
- Previously painted aluminum, brick, or cedar siding
- Any hairline cracks, cracking of drywall, interior or exterior due to settlement of the house or foundation problems
- Paint from blistering on older homes that have too many existing coats of paint
- Painted and stained decks and walkways not included
- Faulty gutters, bad roof job, or drip edge may cause damage to wood or brick, which is beyond our control and voids any warranty
- Stucco blistering or failure due to moisture
- Peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by Double G
- Hairline cracks on stucco and separation of caulking on wood siding due to expanding, contracting, or movement of property or building not included
- Varnished surfaces
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design, permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include but are not limited to decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters. Any work where Double G did not supply the paint or other materials.
Color Choice Disclaimer
Your estimate is based on your paint color selection being similar to the current color on your walls so that we will achieve full and uniform coverage when the number of coats specified has been applied, as described in the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America (PDCA) Standards Guidebook. 95% of the time we are correct that the number of coats quoted to you will be what you need for your paint project to reflect these standards. However, additional coats of paint and charges may apply, and will be submitted for your approval prior to being added.
Acts of God Disclaimer Notice
Double G Painting & General Contracting is not responsible for Acts of God, unavailable materials, work stoppages, riots, mischiefs, extenuating circumstances, or thefts; which are outside of the Contractor’s control. Mold/Fungus is a naturally occurring organism that Double G Painting & General Contracting has no control over; Double G Painting & General Contracting will not be liable for recurrence/growth of any form or type of mold/fungi.
Note: Due to lead based paint laws, homes built from 1978 or older cannot be electric sandblasted.
A deposit of $1,000 or 10% of the contract amount (whichever is less) is due upon acceptance of the contract and is required to schedule your project. This deposit is non-refundable.
Progress payments will be invoiced based on progress and the invoice will include a description of the work performed. Please note that Double Painting & General Contracting may request to be paid for the completed portion of the contract if for some reason the work is being put on hold for more than 5 business days.
Progression payments not received within 3 business days are subject to a 50.00 Administrative fee and the project to be paused until payment is made.
Final payment is due upon completion of the project and must be paid the day of the final walkthrough of the project.
Final payment is due by close of business on the day your project is complete.
Please refer to the Payment Schedule line item in the proposal for your completion date and unique payment schedule.
Accepted Payment Methods
We accept all forms of payment: Check or all major Credit Cards*.
We will send all invoices via email, you can choose to mail deposit payment to our office if paying by check, pay online via Quickbooks, or call the office with your credit card information. Additional payments may be made at the job site or paid online via Quickbooks unless otherwise agreed upon with the contractor.
Please note we understand not all clients are comfortable or able to receive electronic invoices and/or make payments online. If that is the case please let us know and we will arrange for all invoices to be printed and given to the client as well as collect payments at the job site.
Mail deposit checks to:
Double G Painting & General Contracting
7263 Wembley Street
San Diego, CA 92120
*Note that all credit card payments are subject to an additional 3% processing fee as charged by our credit card service.